I guess I should've written this after my fortieth birthday, but whatever. I'm ganking this list from hulaseventy. I'm writing this post to myself, really, because I miss a long, possibly-boring-to-others list. It makes me feel organized. And hopeful. God knows I'm always trying to score more of that.
Here we go . . .
1. Bake more for good causes
2. Get the full-back tattoo finished
3. Begin raising a teenager
4. Design and sew my own aprons
5. Score a sewing machine
6. Oh yea, learn how to use a sewing machine (This is the year, I know it!)
7. Teach the girls how to sew
8. Hire a housecleaning service every other week. I'm sick of scrubbing floors too.
9. Volunteer at Animal Acres shoveling stalls
10. Walk a marathon!
11. Bake more bread
12. Read a book, maybe? Four this year? I can't tell if that's underachieving or overachieving
13. Write fiction five hours a week
14. Go to San Francisco to see Betsy in the spring or summer
15. Cook more from scratch
16. Learn every tree in Santa Monica
17. Bake for a wedding
18. Get Mr. Mario a friend. Or maybe this friend
19. Print this list out and remember to read it; daily might be good
20. Candy Meyer lemon slices
21. Have coffee/dinner with my friends more, without children
22. Take a weekend trip with Husband to somewhere we've never been
23. Submit two stories for publication
24. I finish what I start
25. Have the whole family go by train to visit Grandma Carmen
26. Plug into my iPod when Husband wants to watch stupid TV shows -- I don't have to watch!
27. Enjoy the things that I actually really like about my day job
28. Annihilate debt
29 Get my good knives sharpened at least every other month - makes a huge difference
30. Successfully predict this year's college hoops champion for my own March Madness pool (This is the year, I know it!)
31. Get a pedicure now and again?
32. Finally take the girls to the renovated and fantastic Griffith Observatory.
33. Work on strength
34. Dude, stretch
35. Resume self portrait tuesdays
36. Try a lil guerrilla art. (Stolen right off of hula seventy's list.)
37. Get up early, go to bed late. Screw it. How else am I gonna squeeze my stuff in?
38. Stay patient
39. Volunteer for Mina's classroom
40. Don't give up on nothin'
Vision Zero 101: Bike Lanes Are Not Parking Spaces
20 hours ago