Thursday, April 20, 2006

photobooth friday

Easter, 2006
Mina and Husband were in New York until Monday for their annual Spring Break trip together. Maya was in Vegas for her Spring Break trip with her BD, but she got home on Saturday for our own weekend together. On Easter Sunday, my friend Quaniesha, Maya and I went to lunch at Native Foods and then went to the movies to see Take the Lead, the dancing movie with Antonio? AAAHH YEA! It was Sister Act II but with dancing. It was Stand and Deliver but with dancing. It was actually about the guy who was responsible for putting together programs featured in Mad Hot Ballroom, which we loved. And we loved this corny, predictable Hollywoodized version too.

Here we are doing our Easter pose.


Gratuitous Gorgeousness Friday is dedicated to this corner of the girls' room.

8 comments:

Deb R said...

I want to see that movie, but it only stayed at our little local cinema a measly 7 days (all of which I was too busy to get there!) and now they've already yanked it. Bastards. I figured it would be predictable, but I also figure I'll love it. (I thought Mad Hot Ballroom was great!)

LOVE the photo!

kristen said...

What a beautiful photobooth photo! You 3 look just lovely and I like the girl's corner in the room.

LeS said...

That is a GREAT photo. Next time I'm down there I need to use that wacky blurry booth - where is it?!

p.s. The Fat says he'd love you up but it's too far to walk...

Melinda said...

Omigod. The look on your daughter's face. That's awesome.

Heather said...

I love dancing movies, cute room!!

angela said...

i agree with eeekat, the photo is very angelic, certainly beautiful

mom2ashley said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
andrea said...

and you know that I love this.

'mad hot ballroom' was one of my favorite films of the year! that and 'rize'... did you see 'rize'? brilliant. dance is such a powerful thing.