Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Cosas

Why Parenting Rocks, Part #2,345:
Mina: "I have a wiener. I have a wiener." She points at her crotch.
Maya: "For your information, you do not have a wiener. You have a VA-CHINA."
Mina: "I have a china. I have a china." She points at her crotch, dancing.
Me: "Don't be showing your china off at school."

Pro-mo-tion Time!
She's gonna P-I-iss-ed, but I have to introduce you do my friend Green Whale. I've only known her a few months, but I have grown very fond of her in this short time. She is passionate and fascinating. And now she has started a blog! Her writing is interesting and beautiful, each post like a polished pearl.

5 comments:

Ibarionex R. Perello said...

This story reminds me of something from college. I had a roomate who worked at a pre-school. One of her kids had discovered a part of her anatomy and kept announcing it to everyone who would care to listen.

"I have a uvula," she said which she pronounced "UUUUUUU-vula" in that endearing child-like sing-song way. Thankfully she only did that for only a week until she got tired of it and, I assume, moved on to another area of her physiology.

Kids you got to love 'em.

Diz Rivera said...

I love to hear these kinds of stories.

A girl I work with just told me that she taught her young daughter that the vagina IS called a "china" which worked out famously until the little girl met a neighbor dog named China. The girl couldn't believe someone would be so nasty as to call their dog that. Wait until she finds out about the country. Traumatizing.

andrea said...

those little conversations alone are the great sell on parenting. priceless! absolutely.

Anonymous said...

What comes out of the mouths of babes is often too darn precious.

Love your friend's blog... her writing is beautiful and she has such a way with words! Maybe you could pass that along to her (I can't comment on her blog because I'm not on Blogger). Thanks for sharing the link!

Kathleen said...

oh my goodness! i have a friend whose daughter says "china", too!
we all sat around the campfire, one night, using this new word...for example "when you get married, you get new china", and "if you're not careful, you could break your china". of course, they were funnier after many beers combined with lack of sleep.