Tuesday, November 08, 2005

self portrait tuesday

Here's my second entry for Exploration of Identity, this month's theme for SPT.

I Am a Writer
This is harder to say aloud than the goddess thing.
See how I smirk? It's to hide how serious I take it, how much I think about it.
All encompassing feels like a weakness, sometimes.
When I write, I feel like
I'm running naked in an empty parking lot carpeted with bubble wrap.
The running can be frustrating. The popping is always joy-filled.
When I write, even when I write fiction,
is when I feel the most honest.

17 comments:

Server Girl said...

thats awesome!!!!

acumamakiki said...

really great.

Trish said...

I love this SPT! I like how your naked and open with the book.

Says it all :O)

kiki said...

this is such an awesome picture, i love it.

HollyRhea said...

hooray!

Good thing you have a laptop.

Although I'd like to see this picture while you're holding a monitor.

Anonymous said...

So fabulous! M

la vie en rose said...

jumping for joy over this pic. love it. and you are an awesome writer...you can say it outloud.

Heather said...

Great picture!! Great image, I'd like to run naked over some bubble wrap sometime, fun.

Marigoldie said...

Yes!

Bethany said...

I love this!

HollyRhea said...

Hey, by the way.

I'm renewing my gym membership because of you.

C said...

I love the look on your face and the lighting in this one. Very lovely.

Misty Mawn said...

I love this SP! Love the Expression!!!!!

The Witch said...

Incredible!

The Witch said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Witch said...

Thanks for your comment about my picture. It meant alot because I happen to think your the bomb diggity!

Michelle Fry said...

Love the photo. You know, I thought you had on a shirt that was off the shoulder on one arm. How funny. It's even better now that I get the whole picture. You are most definitey a writer girl and a good one at that.